Friday, February 3, 2012

Love is in the air

Love is in the air




So excited about this new project . . . I have been asked to decorate an office for Valentine and these are the items I had to make on my own.
When I first got the job, I went out looking for item and to my surprise it was very difficult to find non-cheesy valentine decor.  In one day, I went to 9 stores in the matter of 45mins, driving all across the city - going into store I normally don't go into.  
ANYWHO . . . . I then decided to make everything on my own and I'm going to share it you ;)

Candles:

  • 2 candles
  • black paper
  • SCAL (my software for my Cricut)
  • Cricut
  • ribbon
  • heart charm
  • candle holders (from Hobby Lobby)
Created my own border using SCAL, I cut out a white strip to glue the border. My first idea was put the black border directly on the candle, but the glue stick I have didn't work that great . . . I'm sure there's another way, but I figured that white paper will work good too.
 lay the black border down and start on one side with two way glue stick 
(or whatever adhesive you have)
layering the white strip on top

The finished border - wrap around the candle, meet the end together 
and use a strong adhesive to hold it closed

add ribbon, tie a heart charm, put them on the candle holders and 
viola your done!!!  So easy and fun!

Stay tuned for tutorial of the other project coming soon.

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment